space+time Open Crafting Session
Time & Location
About the Event
WHAT TO EXPECT
At our open crafting sessions, we provide materials such as; paint, paper, modelling glue, embroidery threads, knitting needles, files, yarn and all sorts of crafty bits and bobs. There's also space for those of you who just want a cosy, fun environment to sit back and relax in.
The sessions are non-guided, so you are free to do as much or as little as you like. Where we can help, we will. If you're looking to learn a specific skill, please check out our upcoming classes or ask us questions.
If you’re interested in crafting but you’re not sure where to start, we can help! We are an absolute-beginner-friendly space.
- First and third Monday of the month, 6.30pm to 9pm in Workroom 6 at Siteworks.
- $5 admission.
- Crafters of all levels are welcome (if you're not sure if you'll be welcome, you are!)
- You'll have access to all of our crafting supplies (e.g. card paper, knitting needles, wool, stickers, paint).
- Feel free to bring your own project along if you like!
- If you don't feel like crafting but still want to get involved, you're welcome to simply sit back and relax in our rejuvinating and safe space.
- Food and drinks not provided, however there is a kitchen downstairs where you can get yourself a cuppa and heat up some food you've brought along.
- Unfortunately Workroom 6 is not wheelchair accessible, however we will endeavour to book wheelchair accessible rooms when available. We will continue to let you know whether the rooms are wheelchair accessible or not. If you would like more information about the room, or you'd like us to let you know when we're in wheelchair accessible rooms, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or message us on any of our social media accounts.
HOW TO FIND US
Address: Siteworks - 33 Saxon Street, Brunswick, VIC 3056 (directly behind the Brunswick Baths)
Parking: There is parking available off Dawson Street, directly opposite the Brunswick Baths (right outside Howler). From 6pm, it's free!
Once you arrive at Siteworks (it looks like an old school), walk straight through the big gate you'll find on Saxon Street and head down the first pathway you see on your right. Enter the big wooden double doors. You'll now be in the reception area, where they can help you. We're upstairs in Workroom 6, roughly in the middle of the corridor. We'll have posters to help you find us!
Please note that Siteworks is a community space, so you are all welcome to have a look around and explore!
***The building is locked after 8pm, so let us know if you're going to be late and we can let you in.***
If you have any questions, feedback or suggestions please email us at email@example.com or send us a message.